Monday 26 May 2014

"A Huge Achievement"

On May 9th we released the trailer for Catherine Adelaide. It was a big step for me as a new director and film writer. Not only for me, but as well as the entire team and the film itself. Within a few hours of releasing, the Catherine Adelaide Facebook page doubled its fan base and currently has over 240 likes. This may seem tiny and little gain for a film audience, especially when a video or a Facebook page can gain great popularity in a matter of seconds. But for me, this little increase in Facebook followers is a huge achievement that makes me ecstatic and thankful towards the people who have constantly supported this project.

In the end, Catherine Adelaide will be a tender film which has been put together by well-trained but young professional artists who are active in the Newfoundland film culture. And in my opinion, an amazing team who has accomplished a great deal. Catherine Adelaide had three main goals, one – to provide a creative on-set opportunity for friends I knew that were interested in filmmaking living in the Corner Brook and St. John’s area. Two – To have fun and learn while doing it. Three – To illustrate a story of leaving home that could potentially relate to residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.

So far in my opinion we have completed two out of three goals, and the third will have to wait until we release the final cut of the film. But this is not something I am too worried about because we did it, and had fun doing it. Something that I think is important to the art and trade of filmmaking.

I want to say ‘thank-you’ for all your support and interest in a short that has been cradled very carefully by an exceptional team.  

Thank-you all for being awesome,
Andrew Tremblett

No comments:

Post a Comment